Home Forums RAC Main Forum General Discussion Observing tonight?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 2,416 through 2,430 (of 2,450 total)
  • Author
    John Attewell
    Participant

Thanks for the heads-up!

ellenvega
    Participant

Not looking so good with the hazy smoky skies. We’re probably going to skip Eagle Bluff tonight. Plus the moon doesn’t set until after 1am. Nice for lunar observing though!

Captain Kirk
    Participant

I still plan to go somewhere. Do we need permission to use Root River?

Mike C:
    Keymaster

Hey folks! Anyone thinking of heading out tonight?

AstroMom
    Participant

I heard that Dean might be working with Eagle Bluff, but not sure which night it was going to be. I’d like to go out.

AstroMom
    Participant

Mike, would you do Root River or Keller if Eagle Bluff isn’t an option?

Mike C:
    Keymaster

If eagle bluff is a no go, I’d do root river.

Randy H
    Participant

Just talked to Dean. Looks like no Eagle Bluff tonight. So local viewing or Root River/Keller.

fealeybob14
    Participant

Ugh! Couldn’t be there that night. However I did some observing of the sun the day of 9-6-2021. As many of you may know the sun is ramping up it’s sunspot activity and currently is quite impressive. Yesterday I took a short video using the Starblast 4.5 in reflector with the Orion 6.3M pixel color camera. A single frame, (enhanced a little in Photoshop Elements) with the official SOHO sunspot numbers, is shown below.

darkskyjim
    Participant

thanks for posting this Bob! really cool pic 😉

fealeybob14
    Participant

Bringing the StarBlast to the soccer fields tonight.  Should be good for the moon craters Josef mentioned!

Bob

fealeybob14
    Participant

While under poor seeing conditions Jupiter still put on a good show just after midnight 9-19-2021. Image below used Meade 10″ SCT and Orion 6.3 M pixel color camera. Some image stacking with Registax6 and Photoshop Elements enhancement.

Attachments:
    darkskyjim
    Participant

thanks Bob!

darkskyjim
    Participant

great image Bob!

fealeybob14
    Participant

Saturn on 9/23/2021.6 Seeing was better than last 2 days but certainly not great. Again used a 10″ Meade SCT with the Orion 6.3 M pixel color camera. Use Autostakker + Registax 6 to enhance.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,416 through 2,430 (of 2,450 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.