Home Forums RAC Main Forum General Discussion Observing tonight?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 2,593 total)
  • Author
    bernie engels
    Participant

Weather wise, Saturday night is looking to be Messier than Friday(and by that I mean good ;D) , with mid 30s for lows…
      I will be there for sure if it is a go. I got a pair of 10x50s for my bar mitzvah that I want to try out…

Randy H
      Participant

Saturday looks good to me!

Jeff Newland
        Participant

So it sounds like Saturday will be the day?  Looks to be the best of the two.  I don't know, if it is clear this evening, I just might try and head out to Keller to get some practice…  maybe.  🙂

Dean Johnson
          Participant

I'll be there. Stup is going to show up about 10 p.m. Mike Rowlands may not be, but a couple other LCAAS are interested in coming. No word yet from Ellenvega. If she doesn't make it, somebody should print up a list. I'll try tomorrow. There's got to be someplace on the internet that has a printable version in observing order.

Any chance of Randy or Jerome bringing along those jazzy new binoculars? What better way to showcase that dynamic duo than a March Messier Marathon!

Here's to besting 82…

Jeff Newland
            Participant

Hi Dean,  I should be there and I have some printed lists, so you shouldn't need to print anything.  See you tomorrow night.

Randy H
              Participant

Obsession and Wall-E will be coming down from north Rochester. It's been so long. Does anyone remember which end you look in these things??

bernie engels
                Participant

Weather looking very good for the evening, with a moderate wind looking to be the only fly in the ointment.

Dean Johnson
                  Participant

I just got a call from Cheryl at Eagle Bluff. I have the four number code to get into the restrooms and the parking lot lights will be OFF. They are also going to try fix it so they don't come on at 5 a.m.

Vidal and I should be there between 6:30 and 7 p.m. tonight. If Bernie's "moderate breeze" comes up, that should help us dew-wise and Vidal can catch some Z's in the back of the van.

Ellenvega said she'll roll in about 7:30.

See you there! Go RAC!

bernie engels
                    Participant

Much fun was had by this very amateur astronomer last night.  3 planets, more galaxies than I can remember, and clusters galore, although I must say that my favorite cluster was the open cookie cluster found in the Jeff constellation. 
                      My thanks to Barb for keeping records, Randy for bringing the heat, and Dean for the warm greeting and plethora of knowledge that I've come to depend on.  Until next time…

Dean Johnson
                      Participant

It was indeed A Glorious Night For Astronomy!

bernie engels
                        Participant

What was the final count on the Messier tally?  How late did you animals stay at it?

Dean Johnson
                          Participant

A new record, but I am sworn to secrecy. It will be announced at the April meeting and then posted here.

We stayed at it until 5:30-6. I was pretty tired.

ellenvega
                            Participant

It was a wonderful night!

Luka B
                              Participant

Even though I had to leave early, I had a great time. Congratulations on the new record!  I'm excited to hear.

Jeff Newland
                                Participant

Yes, last weekend was fantastic.  AGNFA and half I think.  🙂

Thanks Bernie, yes, those cookies were pretty good.  Afterwards I was thinking I should have left them home for myself.  😉

For anyone interested in ISS sightings, looks like the ISS is starting a stretch of evening appearances tonight.  Here is the Rochester link:

http://www.heavens-above.com/PassSummary.aspx?satid=25544&lat=44.022&lng=-92.47&loc=Rochester&alt=0&tz=CST

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 2,593 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.