August 16, 2017 at 3:36 am #10207Luka BParticipant
For those that can travel, and will be in SE Nebraska, maybe you could post here. We might want to exchange phone numbers, email, and any other contact info to coordinate. I personally would love to hang out with some of you during this event. I'm not sure that posting phone numbers on the forum is the solution, but we could at least have a list to email people.
Edit: Send info to Randy. See his comment.August 16, 2017 at 3:31 pm #13032
I'm staying in Omaha and on Monday will be heading to DeWitt. At least that's what I'm planning. But I'm open for suggestions.August 16, 2017 at 7:35 pm #13033
I'll be at Bader Park near Chapman and Grand Island NE (unless the park got flooded this past 48 hrs). I'll check email the day before (the 20th) as I will be there. Address: firstname.lastname@example.org; cell: 507-226-2030.
Just called the park and they did not get flooded!
BobAugust 16, 2017 at 7:57 pm #13034
The SOHO observatory https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime/realtime-update.html shows a new sunspot group that should be present on eclipse day. This should give us an opportunity to better focus our telescopes, cameras, cell phones on the sun prior to totality.August 17, 2017 at 2:13 am #13035Randy HParticipant
One thing we could do is have everyone send your contact information to me at my gmail address and if you don't know that, then just send it to our 'contact' on our webpage – which goes to me. Then I can send a mass email to all who submitted.
RandyAugust 17, 2017 at 2:14 am #13036Randy HParticipant
Bob, that sunspot should be in the sweetspot over the next few days!August 17, 2017 at 1:22 pm #13037Mike C:Keymaster
I'm not a big fan of having my info public, but if you would like my email and phone, just send me a private message.
I'll be heading to Fairbury myself.
Can't wait. 🙂
ThanksAugust 18, 2017 at 9:55 pm #13038darkskyjimParticipant
really getting worried about the weather…anyone ready
to bolt and go elsewhere? and if so, where?August 18, 2017 at 11:39 pm #13039
Arrrgh, Douglas Wyoming is supposed to be mostly Sunny.August 19, 2017 at 2:23 am #13040darkskyjimParticipant
that sounds good. thinking of getting a rental and heading
out but worried i won't find a place to stay…campsites all
full at Custer St Pk. guess i could sleep in the car at a rest
area 🙁August 19, 2017 at 1:57 pm #13041Josef ChParticipant
Hmm, this is weather situation Saturday morning, two days before….August 19, 2017 at 2:27 pm #13042Josef ChParticipant
As Saturday 8/19 morning weatherforcast at weather.com looks like this: go west
EDIT: Looks like this picture linked to weather.com is live. Below is screenshot taken Sat 8/19
Cloudcover forecast from Saturday August 19 11:45 AM CDTAugust 19, 2017 at 5:03 pm #13043
I Changed my plans. I'm still headed to Omaha tonight (Sat) but on Sunday will be going to Laramie, I was able to get a room (ouch!) but the chances of a clear sky are much better in Wy.August 21, 2017 at 2:38 am #13044Rick MurrayParticipant
Randy … where is the RAC going to set up in Rochester? I'm able to bring my 12" Dob if I know where to go.August 21, 2017 at 9:02 pm #13045
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.