5731 County Rd 105 NW
Byron, MN 55920
Canceled due to flooding in Oxbow Park!
Apollo 11 landed on the Moon 50 years ago, and we are going to commemorate this event by observing Apollo 11 landing site on the Moon in the smooth terrain of the Sea of Tranquility, close to crater Theophilus(next to Cyrillus). Moon is rising after 11 PM, so we are going to observe other wonders of the sky before.
- Presentation about Apollo 11
- Observing of the 18 days 10 hours old Moon – 4 days after Full Moon, planets Jupiter and Saturn, dwarf planet Ceres, bright stars, double stars, and more by telescope with guidance members of the Rochester Astronomy Club.
Moon on evening July 20, 2019
Sky & Telescope: How to see all six Apollo Moon landing sites
Map: Arizona State University Lunar Map based on image data from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera.
Scientific Visualization Studio NASA:
- Apollo Landing Sites with Moon Phases,
- A New Look at the Apollo 11 Landing Site
- Earthrise in 4K
- Earnie Wright’s all visualizations
- IBM Apollo 11
Reuters: Man on the Moon