Author Topic: Oxbow Park status post flooding rains  (Read 2567 times)

fealeybob14

• View Profile
Oxbow Park status post flooding rains
« on: July 02, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »
The Friends of Oxbow have posted this image of Oxbow Park during the recent flooding rains.  It appears to be near at the visitor center parking area and presentation hall.  Flood waters have gone a bit down since then but we should monitor the situation re the next club meeting.  For myself I am donating some $ and time to aid in the cleanup.
Bob Fealey

fealeybob14

• View Profile
Re: Oxbow Park status post flooding rains
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 12:37:32 PM »
Was able to drive to the park center yesterday (July 3rd) at 6 pm with no problem.  The visitor center and presentation room appeared intact.  Will check again today as the park was to have some July 4th programs if park cleanup was sufficient and try to talk to host.
Bob Fealey

fealeybob14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 03:44:45 PM »
Was at Oxbow today (July 4th).  The road to the visitor center (CR 105) has been repaired and if there are no more flooding rains should be open for us on the 9th.  The visitor center presentation hall did not get flooded according to personnel I spoke with today.  Lonnie wasn't there today but will be there tomorrow.  For those interested the park personnel will be soliciting help for the cleanup of the park over the 9th-11th. Truly I was impressed by the repair work already done to the park and would suggest we keep our next meeting at the park as scheduled.
Bob Fealey

John Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »
Great! I sent Lonnie an  email to confirm that we still have the room. I plan on getting there early to set up tables and chairs. I'll reply to this thread when I hear from him

John Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 10:24:32 AM »
Lonnie confirmed that we are still scheduled for the July 9th meeting at Oxbow

fealeybob14

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 02:36:25 PM »
Good.  Was able to get to the Visitor Presentation Center yesterday after the latest flood.  CR 105 was closed but you could get to the park by taking CR 103 (a right just before going down the final big hill on CR 4 (Valleyhigh Drive in Rochester).  CR 103 is partially washed out after it's bridge over the Zumbro but part of the road is passable and you can then take a left onto CR 105 to the center.
Bob
Bob Fealey

fealeybob14

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 02:15:49 PM »
We do want to update this on Saturday July 20th around noon, after any flooding rains to be sure the event is still ON and not cancelled due to poor road access to Oxbow Park.  Should contact Lonnie (John) to be sure.
ob
Bob Fealey

fealeybob14

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 03:55:31 PM »
Just visited Oxbow Park and saw Lonnie.  CR 5 and CR 3 are mainly repaired and the visitor center area is not in bad shape.  There seemed to be a lot of heavy equipment doing repairs.  Lonnie still needs help in retrieving picnic tables, power washing things etc.  I will go there tomorrow (7/25) to help out a bit.
Bob
Bob Fealey