Author Topic: Congratulations Jack!  (Read 1678 times)

Jeff Newland

• View Profile
Congratulations Jack!
« on: September 02, 2016, 06:01:00 PM »
Congratulations Jack!  Nice photo of the Whirlpool.

If you get the Reflector, take a look at page 26 in the lower left.   They have published a photo from Jack Mogren.

Way to go Jack, again, Congratulations, good job!

jlmanatee

• View Profile
Re: Congratulations Jack!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 08:52:25 PM »
Thanks Jeff,
  I miss you folks.  I've been busy this year and just have not gotten around to coming to meetings (I need to re-up my membership too!).  I'm hoping to get down to the Star-B-Q this year.  Will it be Friday, Sept. 30th or Oct. 1st?
  This past weekend I was able to camp out Friday and Saturday on  a farm south of Rushford.  It was awesomely dark and remote.  I got beautiful images of the Cocoon Nebula.  http://www.astrobin.com/262843/
  I also got images of the Cresent Nebula, but those were a little disappointing.  Earlier this summer I went to the Nebraska Star Party, but I only had one good night of imaging there.  Still, it was fun.

Jeff Newland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:11:07 PM »
Glad to hear from you Jack.  Nice looking Cocoon and your other pics are pretty good, too. 

I guess the StarBQ is scheduled to start on Friday, Sept 30.   Keep an eye on the StarBQ thread, that should be updated if there are new details.

bwyman

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 01:41:41 PM »

darkskyjim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 06:05:10 PM »
Thanks Jeff,
  I miss you folks.  I've been busy this year and just have not gotten around to coming to meetings (I need to re-up my membership too!).  I'm hoping to get down to the Star-B-Q this year.  Will it be Friday, Sept. 30th or Oct. 1st?
  This past weekend I was able to camp out Friday and Saturday on  a farm south of Rushford.  It was awesomely dark and remote.  I got beautiful images of the Cocoon Nebula.  http://www.astrobin.com/262843/
  I also got images of the Cresent Nebula, but those were a little disappointing.  Earlier this summer I went to the Nebraska Star Party, but I only had one good night of imaging there.  Still, it was fun.

yes, congratulations! nice pics.
jim