Author Topic: Time to Buy  (Read 28203 times)

Jeff Newland

• View Profile
Re: Time to Buy
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 08:32:56 PM »
Some Green laser pointers on sale at Astronomics:
http://www.astronomics.com/main/product.asp/catalog_name/Astronomics/category_name/RBPQG82R6FQL9JTCS88EVAS1G3/product_id/MGLP

From a Cloudy Nights post:
We bought all Meade had left, over 700 pieces, are passing the savings onto you. Get one while you can. At this price, they won't last long.

Clear Skies,
Mike
www.astronomics.com

Jeff

Nicole

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »
Does anyone have a red headlamp for sale, or know where I can get one?
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe" Carl Sagan

sregener

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »
Does anyone have a red headlamp for sale, or know where I can get one?

Fleet Farm usually has red LED caplights.  They may be a little bright for astronomy purposes.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 08:19:29 PM »
I think I got mine from Target. Its an energizer, 2 white, 1 red LEDs. It is perhaps a bit too bright, but not terrible.

Dean Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 01:20:12 AM »
I got mine (Cats Eyes) on line. I actually got two pair, red light only, fifteen bucks apiece. I use them both for observing, the one on the cap for messing with the lenses, drawing objects or finding something, and the other one is a backup that I put in my hand for reading or looking at star charts. They are pretty handy, use the 2016 round flat batteries and are "bright" only when I put brand new batteries in them and they usually last at least a couple months. And that's a lot of use. Those of you that know me can vouch for that.

Nicole

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 12:29:11 PM »
Jonathan Tomshine was put on a wait-list for an Astro-Physics Mach1GTO mount a year or two ago. It's now available for him to purchase, but he doesn't need it.  Does anyone want his spot in line?  It's pricey, but well-reviewed.  Here's a link: http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/mounts/mach1gto/mach1gto
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe" Carl Sagan

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 11:36:30 PM »
I just saw this on Criagslist: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/for/1106164061.html
It's a 102mm refractor. Supposedly very nice optics, but the tripod could use wooden legs to dampen vibration. Anyway, seems like a great deal, but I just got my C80ED.

Dean Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 07:35:13 AM »
My buddy Christian Myrah has one just like it. It is a very nice scope.

Captain Kirk

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 10:58:14 AM »
We had the sky up there, all speckled with stars, and we used to lay on our backs and look up at them, and discuss about whether they was made or only just happened.  -- Huck Finn

Jeff Newland

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 04:40:30 PM »
Sky Watcher Telescopes on sale/instant rebate now.  Looks like some good deals... if you have the money.  :)

Here is the Astronomics Sky Watcher instant rebate page...

http://www.astronomics.com/main/category.asp/catalog_name/Astronomics/category_name/D7LDE177TBT19MGXKK7A1HM683/Page/1

John Preston

• View Profile
Meade Super Wedge - FREE
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 02:31:40 PM »
I just recently upgraded to a Milburn Wedge and no longer have the need for my old Meade Super Wedge. If anyone would like to have it just let me know and I will happily hand it over to you.

FYI - After using it and becoming familiar with doing polar alignment you will want to upgrade to a better wedge. But to understand doing polar alignment this is a safe no cost way to start. I believe it will work with LX90's also, I used it on my LX200.
Stellarvue SV105T Apo
Stellarvue SV70ED Raptor for guiding
Celestron CGEM
Celestron Edge HD 9.25
QHY8 Pro Imager
Stellarvue Nighthawk 80mm ED Apo
Meade DSI Pro 3, Pro 2 guide camera

Randy H

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
Re: Meade Super Wedge - FREE
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 09:53:53 PM »
John, our club has a 12" LX200 (affectionately referred to as Elvis). You could hold onto it for now in case members want to try it with that scope.

John Preston

• View Profile
Re: Meade Super Wedge - FREE
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 10:54:29 PM »
Will do. Thanks.
Stellarvue SV105T Apo
Stellarvue SV70ED Raptor for guiding
Celestron CGEM
Celestron Edge HD 9.25
QHY8 Pro Imager
Stellarvue Nighthawk 80mm ED Apo
Meade DSI Pro 3, Pro 2 guide camera

Captain Kirk

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
Lasers on Sale - Black Friday deal
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 11:08:03 AM »
See the coupon code in the below e-mail newsletter for 20% off at laserglow.com through Friday 11/27. 

Kirk

Laserglow Company Newsletter - November 2009

Dear Fellow Laserist,

Thanks for taking the time to read our newsletter! You are receiving this message because you have made contact with Laserglow in the past, and we think that you may be interested in our new products and announcements. If you don't want to receive these messages anymore, just hit "reply" and put the word "REMOVE" in the subject line to be permanently removed from this mailing list. We certainly wouldn't want to bother you with our great sales, discount codes and new laser products!

We've got some great news this month, including our annual Black Friday sale, even more powerful Hercules lasers (>650 mW), and more powerful Electra 405 nm violet lasers (>150 mW).

Black Friday - Save 20% on pointers and handheld lasers - ONE WEEK ONLY!
The Friday after American Thanksgiving has become a huge event for retailers in America, and "Black Friday", as it is called, has become equated with huge discounts. Well, we may be a Canadian company but we wanted to continue this American tradition so our customers from all over the world could take advantage of this excellent sale event. This is the perfect time to pick up a holiday gift for your employee, boss, coworker, professor, friend, relative, or even yourself! (Don't you deserve a shiny new laser this year?)

From Friday, November 20 until midnight on Friday, November 27 you can use the discount code below to save 20% on all in-stock handheld lasers and laser pointers. You could save over $17 on a new Galileo-5 laser pointer, or save over $89 on an Aquarius-5 blue laser pointer. You could even pick up a brand new Hercules-500 and save over $717! This sale includes in-stock items only, so once we sell out of a particular model it will not be eligible for the discount any longer. If you've been waiting for a good deal, now is the time to pick up that new laser that you've been dreaming about.

Just enter this code into the "discount code" box in our shopping cart to instantly save 20% on all in-stock handheld lasers and laser pointers: friday20

More power in green and violet!
We've managed to push the envelope and yet again increase the available power in our Hercules and Electra series portable lasers. Now you can have more power than ever before! You can even combine these new products with the 20% discount code to get a fantastic deal on some brand new, cutting-edge technology. (Assuming we can keep them in stock long enough for you to get the order placed!)

Hercules Series lasers are now regularly available with >650 mW sustained average power. See the product page for pricing and details on the new Hercules-600 and Hercules-650.

The Electra Series 405 nm violet laser pointers and Electra Pro portable lasers are now available with >150 mW average output power. Wow! This near-UV wavelength is great for stimulating fluorescence and other neat effects in various materials. See the product page for details on the new Electra-100 and Electra-150.

We've also expanded our selection of laboratory/OEM laser modules, and we're able to provide them with optional fiber coupling (SMA or FC/PC connectors) and other custom optics to give you a complete solution for your laser application. If you need assistance determining the right system for your application please give us a call and our helpful and experienced staff would be happy to point you in the right direction.

We hope that you find this newsletter valuable, and if you have any questions please feel free to contact our sales department by email or phone: sales@laserglow.com or 1-416-729-7976

Happy Lasering!

Sincerely,

Justin Hosaki
Sales and Marketing Manager

Dimitry Fedorov
President
Laserglow Technologies
We had the sky up there, all speckled with stars, and we used to lay on our backs and look up at them, and discuss about whether they was made or only just happened.  -- Huck Finn

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 09:47:23 AM »
Amazon has Celestron SkyMaster 15x70's for $50. That's as good a price as I've ever seen. Just keep in mind that they can come mis-collimated so you may have to return a pair or even two. But if you get a good pair, you'll see lots.