Author Topic: Observing tonight?  (Read 371849 times)

Luka

• View Profile
Re: Observing tonight?
« Reply #570 on: April 30, 2010, 09:19:33 PM »
There is a parking lot right off of county road 15. It is, I think, about 1 mile south of the junction with County 126, on top of the hill.  Park at the south end of the lot, where the trees will block the light from the farm light.

Dean Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 07, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »
Any chance of the weather being good enough for an Eagle Bluff session tomorrow night?

John Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 07, 2010, 06:11:31 PM »
Pretty questionable Dean, I believe the forecast is calling for dropping temps and partly cloudy. For casual viewing it would probably be ok but for imaging it would be a challenge.
Stellarvue SV105T Apo
Stellarvue SV70ED Raptor for guiding
Celestron CGEM
Celestron Edge HD 9.25
QHY8 Pro Imager
Stellarvue Nighthawk 80mm ED Apo
Meade DSI Pro 3, Pro 2 guide camera

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 08, 2010, 08:26:02 PM »
It looks cold but clear here. I may go to Keller. I would go to Eagle bluff, but it's late, and I've been driving too much today already. If others are going, let me know.

Mr.Gorp

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 18, 2010, 04:35:27 PM »
Anyone up for a viewing at Kellner tonight or tomorrow night?

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 19, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »
I would love to have gone out last night, and to go out tonight, but sadly , there's some home improvements that need to get done before Saturday.  I hope someone else will join you though.

Captain Kirk

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 19, 2010, 12:58:22 PM »
I'm tempted.
We had the sky up there, all speckled with stars, and we used to lay on our backs and look up at them, and discuss about whether they was made or only just happened.  -- Huck Finn

Captain Kirk

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 19, 2010, 09:28:22 PM »
The sky is pretty sketchy.

I can't justify setting up.

Kirk
We had the sky up there, all speckled with stars, and we used to lay on our backs and look up at them, and discuss about whether they was made or only just happened.  -- Huck Finn

Captain Kirk

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 21, 2010, 02:12:54 PM »
The sky looks like it has a chance to clear up through the evening and overnight.  Who is interested in giving it a go at Keller tonight?

Kirk

Captain Kirk

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 21, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »
It's breaking up out there.  I'm headed to Keller.

Captain Kirk

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 22, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »
The Milky Way popped out for a bit (maybe 20 Minutes?) between Moonset and when the sky went dark due to a fog rolling in.

I was rolling home by 3 a.m.

I'm headed back tonight if conditions warrant.

Kirk

Captain Kirk

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 27, 2010, 09:48:01 AM »
Luka joined me at Keller for a look at a few bright things last night.  Venus, Luna, Mars, Saturn.  Luka was also able to track down a member of the Leo Triplet, probably NGC 3628.

Kirk

Captain Kirk

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 31, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »
Moonrise is at 23:58 tonight.  It'll be a nice reminder to get some sleep before work tomorrow.

Anyone want to get out -- Keller or Eagle Bluff?

Kirk

Nicole

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 31, 2010, 03:53:40 PM »
If there's a group heading out to Eagle Bluff sometime soon, let me know - I'd love to stop out since I'm not far from there!  Also, when's the StarBQ?  =)
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe" Carl Sagan

rabomgaars

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 31, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »
Kirk, Is it too late to chime in for Keller?  Cloud cover?  I will check back here. SB