Author Topic: Music of the Spheres  (Read 2034 times)

Randy H

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
Music of the Spheres
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »
The Choral Arts Ensemble's "Music of the Spheres" concert is on Saturday May 6 at the Gloria Dei Lutheran Church here in Rochester. (1212 12th Ave NW)
The concert concludes around 9pm and they are asking if we could provide some astronomical viewing just after the show as folks leave.
Let me know if you'd be free.  A waning gibbous moon and Jupiter with its satellites and Great Red Spot should be viewable weather permitting.

Randy

Jeff Newland

• View Profile
Re: Music of the Spheres
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 07:55:18 AM »
Randy,  I should be available.  Post if it is a go or no go.   Looks like it is a waxing gibbous moon.   Seeing where Jupiter and the moon were last night, they will probably be very close together by Saturday.

Jeff

fealeybob14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 05:45:40 PM »
Hi Randy.  I should be free and able to bring over a small telescope.  Do you know the layout of the setup spot so we cans see the S sky?
Bob
Bob Fealey

Randy H

• Club Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 06:02:34 AM »
Thanks! We are invited to the program which starts at 7:30 if you are interested.
http://www.choralartsensemble.org/music-of-the-spheres. I'm going to try to catch at least part of it.

I believe we will be able to set up in the parking lot directly to the south of the church.
I will post go-nogo tomorrow but it's looking good.

Randy